CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Big ONE!

Isaiah turned ONE this weekend so Mommy put on her crafting cap and got busy. I had so much fun planning this party but by the end I was "crafted out". I got my inspiration from an outfit I purchased off of ETSY for Isaih's one year photo shoot. It had primary color polka dots and a star. Then a friend sent me a link to someone's blog where I found even more inspiration. Top that with Pinterest and my good friend The Hip Hostess and the wheels were turning! I love it when a good party comes together. Our friend, Mike, told my mom I had "a great lesson plan for this party". hahahahahaha (good thing I had lots of friends working collaboratively with me) Here are some pics of the decorations! ENJOY!
I made a birthday timeline across the mantle from newborn to 12 months. Looking at these made me realize how fast this year went by. It was a bitter sweet feeling. LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!



I decided to go with primary color cupcakes instead of birthday cake this round. Isaiah enjoyed his cupcake much more than the smash cake we used last weekend for his photo shoot. The cupcakes and icing were homemade (thanks to help from GranDebbie) as were the fun "1" cupcake toppers (thanks to help from Steph)!





Paper lanterns were hung from the ceiling of our screened in patio to really set the stage outside. (thanks to Cappy and GranDebbie for helping me figure out how to get these up)




Two kid sized tables (thanks to Joni and TBA church) were decorated with colorful party hats (I bought plain party hats in an assortment of colors, thanks to Steph and her criquette for helping make the stars and 1's)!


We served hot dogs, hamburgers (thanks to OS&D from Knight Transportation), chips, dip and SNO CONES (thanks to a coupon I found for a FREE sno cone rental)!


We had a bounce house for entertainment. I thought Isaiah and few of the other young kids would have to have their own time in the house, but we threw them right in with the older kids and they had a blast! Party Planing Tip: bounce house rentals are often cheaper on Sundays!



A candy bar was set up with baggies and ribbons so guests could fill a bag and tie it off to take home. I think some of the adults enjoyed the candy bar more than the kids. I bought the candy from Oriental Trader (CHEAP) and bought some at CVS with coupons (CHEAP)!




The kids were all sent home with a "thank you" bag which I did NOT fill with candy and sugar (since we had plenty of that at the party, hahahaha). I found pinwheels, bouncy balls, notepads, pencils and glo sticks at Oriental Trader and the Dollar Spot at Target (love that spot)!

All in all it was a GREAT party! I am already looking forward to planning many more in the future! I even did it on a budget! Woohoo! Most importantly though, Isaiah was surrounded by friends and family that love him. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate (pics of that to come later) and to these special people for their help:
Steph: thanks for donating your time, talents and criquette to help me get crafty
Ashley (the Hip Hostess): thanks for lending an ear, advice and for just being you. That alone is inspiration enough!
Joni @ TBA church: thank you for always saying YES! The tables and chairs are greatly appreciated. YOU ARE THE BEST!
Meg and Cheri: thank you for donating some extra cupcake towers
Mary: thanks for sending me your great links to blogs for more inspiration
Cappy and GranDebbie: thank you for traveling 800 miles to help me prepare for this special day, for loving Isaiah with your whole heart, for setting up, grilling out, cleaning up and being the best mom and dad this little girl could ask for!
Michael: thank you for all your hard labor on the day of the party and for the $$$! Most of all thank you for our son! I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment