CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter

Wow! April arrived and we hit the ground running. Easter weekend was a wonderful treat for our family. On Friday night we celebrated Good Friday with our dear friends the Stiversons and Blichers. It was Mike's idea to get our old small group together and remember what that night was really about. Good Friday is so good because of what happened three days later but can you imagine what that night was like for the disciples and Mary? They sat at a table and took communion with Jesus for the last time. He told them that one of them would betray Him and have Him arrested. He spoke to others about how they would deny Him. He promised them that He would come back from the dead. Then it all happened. Just the way He said. He was crucified, put to death through extreme torture. Pain He endured for the disciples, Mary, you, me....the whole world! Mike served us communion and read the story of the crucixion. We prayed together and then enjoyed a meal together. I hope this is a tradition we continue. Easter wouldn't be Easter if Good Friday never happened.





Easter morning we were so blessed to have Cappy, GranDebbie and Chubs with us. We enjoyed watching Isaiah explore his Easter basket, hunted for eggs in the backyard, attended church and shared an amazing lunch together. I wasn't really sure if Isaiah would enjoy hunting for eggs or not but he really caught on fast and had a ball finding all of his eggs in the yard. He even joined in the fun a second time at church. Silly me did not remember to take one family picture. Really??!! Our service was about how all of our scars tell a story. It was so moving. Mike was asked to help serve communion on Sunday morning and he got to serve it to my parents. I thought that was super cool and my Dad even said that was his favorite part of the day. Definitly a memory I will keep close to my heart.
Isaiah and the Easter Basket!









A Hunting we will Go!










Church Egg Hunt






Every day with Isaiah I am reminded even more of God's love for me. Even though I cannot fathom how much He loves me, I know how much I love Isaiah. I would do anything for him. I will always love him and always be his biggest cheerleader. There is no greater love than the love you have for a child. I am a child of God and that's why He sent His son to die on the cross and take away my sin. He would do anything to keep me living in eternity with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment