CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

April 10th!

I'm a little late on this post, but last month I celebrated my 32nd birthday. Sometimes it is very hard for me to accept that I am cruising right through my 30's. I often still feel like a 25 year old. The last two years have literally flown by. I guess starting a family will do that to a person. I must say this was one of the best birthdays I have had in a long time. My parents came to town, we had a wonderful sushi dinner and darts with friends on my actual birthday and the following weekend Mike surprised me with an overnight trip to my favorite hotel! He arranged for our friends, Mike and Megan, to spend the night with Isaiah and we packed up and headed to the Omni Champions Gate. Firday night we had a fabulous dinner at Zen. The manager sent a complimentary bottle of wine for the b'day gal and we sat in a nice, QUIET corner for THREE HOURS! I cannot tell you the last time we went to a restaurant and actually enjoyed a great conversation and weren't rushing out the door before a certain little boy had a complete meltdown. Going out to dinner with a toddler is one of the most nerve wracking things we do. Anyways, we sampled some appetizers and sushi and just RELAXED! After dinner we stopped at the bar for an after dinner drink which we took down to the fire pit. The weather was great for propping our feet up in oversized rocking chairs as we enjoyed more conversation and more QUIET! aaahhhhh! We spent all day Saturday hanging out by the lazy river and hot tub. I read two whole magazines and enjoyed some yummy adult beverages. Thank you, Michael, for helping me get a full night's sleep and for treating me like a princess! I am one lucky girl and I thank God for you every day. He has certainly blessed me with a thoughtful, loving, gracious, kind and romantic husband! On a sidenote, this was also our FIRST NIGHT AWAY from Isaiah. And we all surrvived! Looking forward to more overnighters in our future. Love you BIG, Michael D!

1 comment: