CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2014

4 years old!

Isaiah,
  How are you 4 years old already?  I clearly remember taking you to church at just 9 days old, waking up SO MANY times each night for a year, taking you to see your first sunset at the beach, watching you take your first steps in the living room at our house in Florida, packing up all those memories and moving to Tennessee. It doesn't seem possible that you have now lived in germantown longer than you lived in Lakeland. Sometimes the days seem long, but boy the years fly by. 
  What does 4 year old you look like?  Well, you talk A LOT!  Like a lot, a lot. From the moment your eyes open in the morning until you close them at night your jaw muscles are getting a work out. You have so much to say and SO many questions. It amazes me how your brain processes and translates things. You are so smart and inquisitive. Another cool thing happening is you are beginning to hear letter sounds in words. You will talk to me and be working on beginning sounds at the same time. It's so cute. Here's an example " m-m-mom today I w-w-want to g-g-go to the p-p-park."  The preschool teacher in me is quite impressed. Speaking of teachers, you are in school two days a week and you love it!  This year you can actually come home and retell the entire day to me. 
Something else you can retell me are your Bible verses. We got a new devotional and have worked through 10 verses. 
1. How awesome is the Lord most high.
2. On my bed I remember you, I think of you through the watches of the night. 
3. God created the heavens and the earth. 
4. My mouth will declare your praise.
5. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. 
6. A friend loves all the time.
7. A gentle word turns away wrath. 
8. Love the Lord your God will all your heart, all your soul and all your strength.  
9. So God created man in His own image   
10. For the joy of the Lord is my strength. 
I love that these seeds are being planted in your young mind and even though you may not fully understand them now my prayer is that they are stored away as armor for when satan tries to attack later in life. This year I chose a verse to pray over you daily. I guess it's kind of like your "life verse". I pray that you will grow to love God with such a passion that you lead others boldly and fearlessly. 1 Timothy 4:12 "don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity".  Buddy none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes but as long as you always keep your eyes and heart on Jesus you can overcome. 
Best friends: Owen and Hudson

Favorite food: California roll, corn on the cob and pepperoni pizza

Favorite color: red
Favorite things to do: play super Mario brothers, go to the park, ride in the magic car, go on trips, visit the zoo, playing tackle, building things, climbing things and jumping off things

Favorite toys: Nintendo, swords, puzzles and board games (Jenga, who shook hook, matching and alphabet hunt)
I love you so much buddy. Thank you for making me a Mom and for all the joy you bring to our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment