CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 16, 2013

Working on the nursery

I will admit it, Isaiah's nursery was complete by around 25 weeks. So here I sit at almost 34 weeks and I am still piecing Isabella's room together one tiny bit at a time. Here are some glimpses of what is to come.
It all started with a quilt!  My Grannie made this quilt the year I was born. I was given one (which now rests inside my pillowcase and barely looks like a quilt) and my aunt stored the other one. Thank goodness!  I was given this one about ten years ago and have always hoped for a little girl to pass it along to. 
 
Wall color on left. Valspar grand hotel mackinac blue. 
Next on the list was a mirror. Every little girl needs a glamorous mirror to fix her hair in and priss and primp in!  I love Home Goods and yeah for crystals!
Speaking of hair, we needed a place to store and sort Isabella's growing collection of hair bows so mommy got crafty. Found a picture frame at Hobby Lobby and ribbon at Michael's. Add a little hot glue and you are good to go. 
I found this gorgeous fabric and knew I wanted curtains made. Can't wait to get them finished and hung (FYI I am not making them since I don't sew, but my super talented friend Erica is). I also found some curtain rods with crystals knobs at lowes for $10. Woohoo. 
I wanted some art that tied in with the quilt so my sweet mom made that her mission. I love what she found. And might I add, another great deal since they were 50% off!
The birds nest is made out of hymnal sheet music which I love even more since my mom played the piano at church when I was younger. 
No room in our house is complete without a cross or two. I'm kind of obsessed with them. 
Now on to lighting. I have been hunting for the perfect chandelier and have yet to find the right one but here are some of my inspiration pieces. 
The last one is my favorite, and in true jenny fashion, the most expensive. 
It's all coming together now I just have to start hanging things instead of piling them up. Ha!  Tomorrow we welcome week 34. Love you Isabella and can't wait to meet you!  This week at our weigh in you were 5 pounds and in the 40th percentile. Please keep it in that range and don't follow in your brothers footsteps. He weighed 9.5 pounds. Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment