CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finding a Balance

Going from one kid to two kids quite frequently sends me in to overdrive. Isabella is pretty go with flow and laid back (thank you Jesus) but there are frequent feedings and diaper changes that have to be tended to. Getting out the door and anywhere on time is always a mini marathon. Feed, burp, diaper, change clothes, tummy time, supervise Isaiah getting dressed, feed him (yup some mornings it may have been cookies....don't judge) convince him to pick up the two billion toys he lugged out while I tended to above tasks with sister, notice Isabella spit up on her clothes so consider changing her ( yup I said consider....second born babies can roll with a little spit up on their clothes) make myself a cup of coffee and chug it, pack diaper bag, quick sniff to see if I need a shower,  dress myself and find new ways to hide my dirty hair, begin to head to the car only to realize it's time to feed the baby again which also means more burping, spit up and diaper change. In the midst of all this I also answer at least 150 questions from my toddler. Whoa!  
All that said, we have made it out on several occasions. Mostly we have arrived with smiles on our faces and a few times one of us has arrived in tears feeling totally inadequate for this job that God has blessed me with. I love being a mom to two right now but just being honest, it ain't easy. Ha!
Morning play time with my little engineer and an afternoon visit to the park to burn off some energy. 
Silly face time!  Aka: Finding ways to keep an active toddler entertained while feeding a baby. 
Breakfast in bed!  Because some days it's just easier. 
Ummmmm.......
Fun at the park. 
Cartoons and snuggles (my favorite time of day). These are the moments I cherish most. 




No comments:

Post a Comment