CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving

This year we did a potluck style lunch with Mike's dad and stepmom then headed to his grandma's house after naps for dinner. It was a pretty relaxing day spent with family and my pregnant belly was quite satisfied. 
My favorite part of the holiday was when Isaiah offered to help me with ALL the cooking. I made squash casserole, dressing and two pecan pies. He was so excited to help and I enjoyed telling him stories about my Grannie and Memaw and all the food they would cook for us when we were younger. I am so lucky to have this tender hearted little helper in my life. I say it all the time, but I am really loving this age with him. 
He came out of the playroom dressed in his chef jacket and apron. Cutest chef I've ever seen. 
Pecan pies 
Dressing: crumbling up the cornbread
Sautéing the onion, celery and butter
Spreading it out in the pan to bake
Daddy got to carve the turkey and bless the food. I love this man of mine. 
My mother in law did a beautiful job with the table and all the other fixins'. We had soooooo much food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment