CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Third Trimester

I won't lie, this has been my toughest pregnancy. As I welcomed the third trimester nausea set back in and I was back to needing naps most days. Luckily for me Isabella is a great snuggler so we took lots of naps together while Isaiah played video games, watched movies and played with friends. 

In January the bottom fell out. Isabella got sick twice (stomach virus, upper respiratory infection, ear infection and double pink eye).

Once we recovered from that I got a sinus infection and my right ear completely stopped up. My OB prescribed a z pack and that afternoon the pressure was so bad in my head I couldn't lay down. 
To top it off I started having sharp pains in my upper right side and back. The pain was so bad it made me throw up. A lot. I got dehydrated and ended up at the hospital for fluids and testing. Luke was transverse so we couldn't get clear images of my kidneys but what they could see looked ok. I left the next day and actually got a good nights sleep. The next morning I woke up with a stabbing pain in my upper right molars. I called my dentist and got a work in where we discovered the sinus infection had spread to the roots of a vulnerable tooth and I needed a root canal. 

Finished that up by the end of the week and the pain in my right side was getting worse and worse. Two days later I was back at the hospital dehydrated and doubled over in pain. This time they found blood in my urine and a high white cell count. I stayed for three days and was treated for a kidney infection and kidney stones.
 Luckily the new antibiotics cleared up the infection and I passed the stone the day before Luke was born. 

36 weeks....those cheeks
39 weeks


Cravings: nothing. I'm at the point where food is not appealing at all. 
Exercise: I continued walking through November but December kept us super busy and my routine was tossed out the door. 
Weight gain: kept off the ten pounds I lost in the first trimester. 
Baby weight: ultrasound tech is guessing he will be born weighing in the low 8's. I keep telling my dr he feels way bigger than that to me. This is the most uncomfortable I have ever been but I know, in the end, it's all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment