CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baby Shower....Take One



I feel so blessed to have such loving girls around me. Sometimes it is hard to be 800 miles from home, especially when you are celebrating such a joyous time in your life. These special ladies have loved me and been there for me so much! So let me first begin by sending a BIG thanks to Windy, Cheri and Karen. You have no idea what each of your friendships mean to me. Thanks for the shower!

As I left my house Saturday morning en route to the shower I was suddenly filled with an emotion of sadness. Hormones? Possibly! All I could think about was my wedding showers and how my mom and Mike's mom were so excited to join me for all the fun. Where were the Grandma's to be now? One was in Oklahoma and the other in Memphis. (INSERT TEARS HERE). Both sent me their love that morning via cell phone and both are always calling to check up on me so I know they were with me in spirit, but still...I cried the entire way to the shower.

Once I got in I was so happy to see my dear friends around me. Just the way I wanted it! Windy did a fabulous job with the decorations, Cheri was so gracious to offer her house and Karen made a YUMMY punch. Of course my favorite part was the MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM CAKE from Baskin Robbins. Someone knows me too well! Mmmmmm!

Thanks to all who attended or sent a gift. Your thoughts, kind words and generosity are appreciated more than you will ever know!





My WIndella crafted the super cute Halloween bucket for Isaiah's first trick or treat night (i'm sure his Daddy will eat most of the candy). I have a love of monkeys and some ladies from work sent me these cute little outfits and stuffed monkey. Karen's sweet momma knitted the blue and white afghan for Isaiah. If he is ANYTHING like me he will treasure this forever! What a special, special gift! There were so many more goodies but "blogger" is not letting me upload anymore pics at the moment. Stay tuned for more.....

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! You look so great! I am so happy to see a smile on your face. Wish I could've joined.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete