CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Update

Yes, I know! I have not blogged lately. So much has been going on so I wanted to give a quick update. At the end of the summer I SUDDENLY found out that I would be teaching 1st grade instead of Kindergarten. The good news is I got to loop up with my kids from last year so classroom management has not been too big of a problem for me. However....I know NOTHING about first grade. I spend so much time at school and home preparing for lesson and researching stuff. I feel like a first year teacher, which is not so fun when you are oh so pregnant. I know God placed me here for a reason though and I have tried to see the positive in it all. My kids are GREAT, I just feel like a big dummy! hehehe
Football season is off to a start and that makes me HAPPY! Alabama is lookin' good and is undefeated. That makes me happier! Mike has really been missing my party throwing since I found out I was pregnant so this weekend I opened the "club" and had a "roll tide" party. It was fun to get together with everyone but boy was I tired after all was said and done. I have to say, though....our friends are SOOOOO worth it!
The four week grand opening at church has been AMAZING. Every sermon moves me in a different way and makes me realize how much God has been working in my life. Today's sermon was no different. I was a puddle of tears and it wasn't all easy to hear...but I am better for it! I hope God spoke to other members and visitors as much as he did me.
Mike will be gone this weekend as he serves on the Men's Tres Dias walk #12. I am so excited for the men going on this walk. I pray that God reveals His awesomeness to them in many ways. I,on the otherhand, am not looking forward to being alone. This week of pregnancy has brought about some pain. My bestest, Ashley, said she was wondering if I would ever hit a wall....HERE IT IS! I am so sore and so tired and so emotional. I feel lucky to have felt so great through this entire journey and I am so blessed to be caring this little bundle so I won't complain too much. Mike will only be 30 minutes away and I know I have a great Florida family to help me out if I need it.
I am so looking forward to my next THREE babyshowers! These are sure to keep me busy through the first of October. I am so blessed to have such wonderful, amazing, caring friends to support our growing little family. This weekend the festivities are kicking off with my Windella (and entourage). I have been kept in the dark about this one so I will have LOTS to blog about next weekend. The following weekend my groupie, Stephanie, has planned a HOOT OWL themed night for couples from the church. And following that is the "traveling baby shower" hosted by the one and only, Ashley (the hippest hostess in town-or out of town). Don't worry I will blog about ALL of these and be looking forward to some pics!
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Michael, Isaiah and myself. I hope our prayer warriors keep it up as the time draws nearer! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment