CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Green Meadows Farm

Boy oh boy has our family of three been busy the last few months. I can't remember the last time just the three of us went out on an adventure. I love doing new things with Isaiah. He is so full of life and watching him grow and learn makes my heart smile! After a nasty stomach bug and a day of rest I decided our little family was over due for a day of fun. At 1130 Friday night, Mike and I finally decided on Green Meadows Farm. It's in Kissimmee, just south of Disney. A lot of times I find that things really aren't quite geared for Isaiah yet, but this was PERFECT! GMF is a petting zoo but throughout the property are some AMAZING vintage tractors, trucks, wagons and fire trucks. They are on a constant rotation with tour guides and you just hop in and make the rounds until you get back where you started. The animals are so gentle and I guess they are totally used to being yanked and pulled at. Let's just say that Isaiah doesn't understand the "gentle" thing yet. WOW! We got to milk a cow, chase and feed sheep, pet bunnies, chase and feed goats, waddle after ducks, CATCH chickens and roosters (this was hilarious), hold ducklings and baby chicks, ride a pony (Isaiah was NOT a fan of this), learned some interesting facts about pigs (did you know they are one of the smartest animals, just behind chimps and dolphins), Zorses (zebra/horse breed), bulls, mini horses, tortoises and quite a few others. There was also a hay ride, train ride and some GREAT antiques to climb around on. I would highly reccomend this outing for anyone looking for something fun to do. There were kids there of all ages. I even buddied up with a little kindergartener (he was a riot....man do I miss teaching some days. The teacher in me was all over him with questions, hahaha) Here are some snap shots of our day!
The Zorse (dad was a zebra, mom was a horse). Had it been the opposite he would have been a Hebra!



Petting, chasing, feeding and trying to KISS the sheep! Daddy was a little germed out by that one! hahaha





Baby chicks and ducklings. They were so furry and cute and sweet. I kind of wanted to bring one home. Isaiah went in for the kill at first, but he really did start to understand being "easy" with them.




Rooster/chicken Chase!


Turkey Run! Time to catch Thursday night's dinner!




Petting the cow and helping Daddy milk the cow! (sidenote, we went through LOTS of hand sanitizer. Isaiah's hand permanently lives in his mouth. I TRY not to give him his paci during the day but today was an exception. His hands were so stinky. LOL)



Feeding the goats!

Big Green Tractor....John Deere style!



A little red tractor fun!




This truck is my absolute favorite! I don't know why I am so drawn to it, but it's amazing! (and yes, we dressed isaiah in overalls just for the trip to the farm)


What little boy doesn't love a good fire truck? It's like a giant jungle gym. Maybe I should ask santa to put one in our back yard. hahaha



What a fantastic day of memory making. A great breakfast with the Lewis' at Cozy Oats, hours of fun at Green Meadow Farms, and a Bama win (along with some pretty important losses!) ROLL TIDE YALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment