CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 30, 2012

800 miles

I have to admit, I hate wrting this post. However it is a part of our story and because I print our blog as a book each year I want this documented. Leaving Florida is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I think one of the reasons I quit blogging for three months was because I did not want to type this blog. It's like writing the ending to one of the best chapters in my life. Sometimes 6 years seems like an eternity and sometimes it seems like it all happened in the blink of an eye. Even if Florida was one of the shorter chapters in our book of life I know it will be one of the most life changing and exciting chapters we shared as a family. This is the house we moved in to October 2006. This is the house that entertained and made memories with some amazing people. This is the house that we brought our frist born home to in October 2010. This is the house where Michael and I grew tremendously as christians and as a couple. This is the house I love!
Before we left we tried our best to spend time with everyone and make a few more memories (or sit around and cry our eyes out because none of us really wanted this to happen). I will admit I lived in a state of denial for a few weeks. I didn't pack any boxes and I kind of just went on with my life like nothing was changing. I think a few of my girlfriends were also living in denial. Then one day it hit me, this is REAL! It was like I was grieving. I went through all these different emotions in stages. It's kind of funny but oh so true. We made a trip to downtown Disney with Brandon and Mary. Isaiah was sick this day but I thought the fresh air would be good for him and I knew seeing Buzz Lightyear would cheer him up. We just strolled around, ate ice cream and some dinosaur grub. Really just trying to soak in some time together.
I had a girls night out with the better halves of our family of 8. hehehehe This EPIC night was complete with tattoos, dinner, 2 for 1's, comedy, karaoke, dancing, lots of WOOHOO's and a late night stop at McDonalds. I have to say this was one of my most favorite nights ever. We laughed, I cried, we hooted, we hollered, we let loose and I made some great mental pictures that night. bwahahahaha
We also had a party with my bestie loon Karen and her hubs Tony. No one had a camera this night but it's always a great laugh when we get together. Mark, Kathy, Windella, Sarah and Reed all came out to join in the fun. These were some of our first friends when we moved to Florida and they are all so amazing. I love the laughter we all share together. We get going and it's almost impossible to stop us. It is totally intoxicating. There was also an impromtu hurricane party with Mark and Mike B. Mark has always been my little hurricane buddy (the perks of being a school teacher) and this night was just as fun as any in the past. I will certainly miss hurricane days. Sweet Carson celebrated his FIRST birthday and I am so glad that we were still in town to celebrate a whole year of this amazing little boy.
Our last night in Lakeland we went to have dinner with some friends from church. They even did a little birthday party for Isaiah since they would be missing his bday a month later. It was so sweet. I truly appreciate everyone who came out and sorry if I wasn't as chatty as normal. I was really getting sad and knew that if I said too much I would start sobbing. The kids ran wild through the back of Red Elephant while we all chatted away. And then it happened....time to say goodbye. I think we stood in the parking lot for an hour (at least it seemed that way at the time). I cried A LOT! I only have one picture from that night of me and Cheri. She is God's little angel in my life and I am so glad that He put her on my journey.
Thank you so much to everyone who made our last few weeks in Lakeland so memorable. I know that I probably missed some events and names but you are really all so special to us.
God took us 800 miles from home (in 2006) just to bring us back home (to Him). Looking forward to the next 800 miles and all the God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment