CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 28, 2013

A new queen in town!

This week I have been reminded of Queen Esther and how she embraced her role as the woman God designed her to be and subsequently saved His people from death at the hand of her husband, King Xerxes, and his right hand man, Hamaan. She had no idea of God's plan for her life when she was orphaned and raised by her cousin in a community of Jews who had been exiled, but she waited and allowed God to direct her. Esther was patient, kind, good, gentle, faithful, and practiced self control. (Many of the things I am terrible at.) By being a strong woman of God and living as He designed her she empowered her husband and helped him become successful. She was often still and waited upon the Lord's guidance. Where do you find your identity? This is the first question posed in the new bible study I am doing. ("Miss Perfect: Discovering God's purpose without the pressure") I think that by embracing God's identity for me as a woman I will live in His will and become the wife, mother, friend and disciple He desires me to be. There is a huge difference in what HE says and what this world says. We are always going through a new "season" of life but if we always find our identity in Christ then those seasons are used to His glory and His purposes. He slowly molds and shapes us through each season. Here are five key things that stood out to me this week: 1. "Allow God to show you His purpose for your life as you remove the pressures this world piles on." 2. "By finding our value and security as a child of God we actually give our loved ones a more beautiful woman to love and cherish." 3. "The enemy cannot take our salvation once we are saved. So the next best thing is to make us ineffective." 4. "As women we have a powerful role of influence and have the ability to cause our husbands to thrive or wither." 5. "Find your identity in Christ. It will never change or disappoint." So, where are you finding your identity? In your career? Your husband? Your kids? Society? Or are you seeking with all of your heart and discovering the beautiful daughter that God designed you to be? I know where I am placing my value and I am loving this crown I wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment