CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 22, 2013

And her name will be.....

ISABELLA JANE! We are so excited that Isaiah will have a little sister. He has already named her "baby bewwa". It's the sweetest thing when he says it. Melts my heart. The story behind the name: Mike is a big Jimi Hendrix fan and as long as I have known him to talk about the names of our future children he has always said he wanted to name his daughter Isabella (a classic JH song). How fitting since the name Isabella means "A Father's Joy". I can't think of a more perfect name for a Daddy to choose for his daughter. The name Jane carries so much meaning in my life. Most importantly it is my mom's middle name. I am so thankful for my mom and the mother she was to me. She has always been on my side and walked alongside me through some of my hardest times. I know that she has always been faithful to pray for me and I know she already prays for our sweet Isabella Jane. There is also another Jane in my life who has had a huge impact on me. When I was in 8th grade she became by cheer coach and over the years I became closer to her family as I had a pretty steady job source in babysitting. When I was in college they adopted their youngest son and I started spending lots more time with them. I have always admired her as a mother but more importantly as a Christian. She has the kind of faith most people pray to have. I have seen her persevere through some hard times and she always has a faith that seems unbreakable. (and once I married Mike, the family I had grown so close to became my family by marriage since Mike and Joe are 2nd cousins) I cannot think of two more faithful prayer warriors for our little girl to share a name with. When I found out I was pregnant Mike told me that he wanted a name that meant "sent from God". For a boy that name was Jeremiah (we both thought our little she was going to be a little he). Guess what the name Jane means? Sent from God! Isaiah and Isabella will also share the same initials. IJD I am so excited to watch Isabella grow in her walk with her heavenly father. I hope she always knows she is her earthly father's joy as well as her heavenly Father's joy! What a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment