CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Are you there God? It's me, Jenny!


Did you read these books as a young girl? The actual book has nothing to do with this post, the title just reminded me of the day I had.
The past few months I have really been praying about my greater purpose in life. I know there is something else I am meant to do, but I don't know what it is. Mike and I are involved in a small group study that will hopefully guide us in that direction. Until then, we wait!
Most days I feel so blessed and lucky to be living this life. I am fulfilling my dream of being a stay at home mom. I get to spend every hour with my son and watch him as he learns and explores this new world. Most days this makes me very happy....then there are days like today. It didn't matter what I did he just screamed and screamed and screamed. There was nothing wrong with him (other than being tired and fighting his nap) but it led to HOURS of a tantrum. In my last bible study we talked about not waiting until the last minute to ask for God's help. Walk hand in hand with him all day and tell him your desires. Of course when a 4 month old is SCREAMING at you, you tend to forget this. So in a desperated plea I begged God to help me calm this child. Once he finally fell asleep I called Mike and completely unloaded. Tears and all. When I hung up the phone I expected to feel better, but I felt worse. Was I really complaining about this child that I loved before I even knew him? The one I have wanted for years and years? So, instead of cleaning, I decided to nose around on some blogs. I ended up on a blog of a family I don't even know. I really don't even know how I got there. But there I was reading a young mom's entry about how stressed and tired and frazzled and negative she had been with the struggles of a newborn. Her husband kindly pointed these things out to her and she reminded herself, and me, that we need to count our blessings. Focus on the positive. Positive thoughts are contagious.
Then began the water works. There HE was....GOD! Answering my prayer. Did he stop my baby from crying? NO! But he gave me a little tap on the shoulder (thanks to internet) and reminded me that HE hears me and HE is listening. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, JENNY! FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE, JENNY! WALK HAND IN HAND WITH ME THROUGH THE DAY, JENNY! I LOVE YOU, JENNY! YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER!
NOW....I will go do the laundry because I am thankful we have clothes to wash! I will go clean the dishes because that means we had food to eat. I will go wipe Isaiah's tears becuase I have a beautiful, healthy, (most days happy) son. Then, I will say my prayers and know that my Father hears me!

No comments:

Post a Comment