CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Time Flies.....

WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN! I love my new life as a stay at home mom. The days are busy and full but for some reason I never feel like I have accomplished much. So goes life with a newborn. Isaiah is growing so fast I don't even notice it until I go back in my archive of pictures (thank goodness for camera phones!) He now weighs about 15 pounds and his personality is shining! His newest (and my favorite develeopment) is his laugh. It is music to my ears. It is the cutest most perfect sound I have EVER heard. It makes my heart smile every time! This week he rolled over from front to back AND from back to front. I was super impressed and I KNOW he is the most talented 3 month old around. hahahaha His favorite story is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and he has started to take a liking to "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do you See". He has become a thumb/fist sucker which is fine with me if it helps him go back to sleep on his own. When he was sleeping in our room (in his bassinet) he was up to six hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. We moved him to his big crib around 11-12 weeks and he is now back to the three hour cycle. I know it's best to have him in there but it sure makes for a tired mommy (especially since he spoiled me so early on).
What's been going on with the grown ups? Well I finally decided it was time for me to get out of the house and connect (and get some adult conversation in my life). So....2 weeks ago my friends Tonya and Beth invited me to our local MOPS (mother's of preschoolers) group. I went, I fell in love, I signed up! It is so awesome to be surrounded by other Christian mom's going through the same struggles I will and do face. Every other week a bible study is led by Gwen Diaz (if you don't know who she is...google her) She is amazing and talented and super and spiritual and fabulous and fun and sincere (i could go on and on). Michael and I are doing a marriage study with our family of 8 + 3 1/2 (YES, someone is expecting!!!!!). We haven't really gotten to the meat of the study yet but I am really looking forward to it. We have also joined in with our local Tres Dias committee and are getting ready for a walk in April. I can't wait to see what God does in the lives of these men and women. We are sponsoring our dear friends, the Stiversons, and I just know IT WILL BE AMAZING! Michael turned 30 at the end of January and he is playing softball on our church league. My friend Mary has recently become a "Lakeland Housewife". I am excited because now I have someone to walk and talk with. We are looking forward to breaking out our strollers and hitting the pavement (her "baby" lilly is white and furry and her short four legs can't keep up so she travels in style in her doggy stroller).
Well I am running out of time but I have tons more to tell about. Hopefully I can get back sooner than later but I will leave you with some of my favorite pics from the last three months!
This is Isaiah at 2 weeks old heading to church for the second time.
16 days old and napping in his crib. HE WAS SO TINY!
Two months old an
d headed out for family date night (Yogurt Mountain and a red box movie)!
Look who found his thumb!
This picture has become a FAVORITE in the DeAngelis family. My sister-in-law uses it as therapy when she has a bad day at work. LOVE IT!!!!

2 comments: