CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

French Student

I remember at the beginning of summer writing a blog about all the happenings we had planned. I promised to post hightlights of them all and I must say, to my surprise, I kept up pretty well. This one is a few weeks delayed but I started my new "job" at the end of August and boy oh boy do TWO little boys keep you on your toes. It's fun and I love it!
On August 2nd we had a French addition to our family. Antoine came to stay with us for three weeks to learn a little more about American culture while taking in all the fun Tampa and Orlando have to offer. Most of their days were spent out and about doing fun activities like Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, outlet malls, mega malls, boat rides on the river, Gatorland, water parks, DisneyQuest, etc. At night and on the weekends the students spent time with their host families (that would be us)! Our outings weren't quite as exciting as the planned ones but we did take in a Tampa Bay Rays game, spend a nice afternoon on the beach, a day at the pool and Mike got to teach Antoine about a great American past time.....COLLEGE FOOTBALL! We have recruited a new Alabama fan. ROLL TIDE! Mike has told me that Antoine is watching the games on espn.com. We sent Antoine home with his first pigskin to toss around on the beach in France! Here are some pics from our time with Antoine!
First Major League Baseball Game (it went in to extra innings. Antoine said "it was fun. But REALLY long)





Football, American Style! And dinner with friends. Thanks Dodges', Giddens', Antoine, Benjamin and Laura for a fun filled day!





Antoine and Isaiah


No comments:

Post a Comment