CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 17, 2012

Be Still

I have really been focusing on taking some quiet time every day. When you think of stay at home moms you probably don't think a little quiet time would be hard to come by.....but let me tell you!!!
Mike and I have recently become part of a new small group. I was so anxious and nervous about this. If you have read my blog for any length of time you know how much our last small group meant to us. What an amazing group of people we were able to do life with. I now refer to them as "my chosen family"! They will forever hold a special place in our hearts and will forever be my FAMILY! I prayed A LOT about the group of people God would perfectly choose to place together and boy has He come through. After just 2 weeks we are all pretty comfortable and at ease with one another. We also laugh A LOT and I have already cried once! We have had some great conversations and just started a new study. "The Tangible Kingdom" (primer) I 100% trust that God put the 8 of us together for something great. I have already learned so much about myself and God's desire for me in our two short meetings.
Just wanted to share what God has placed on my heart through readings this week. Please pray that he will begin to reveal more of His calling to me.
1. Time to trade in my plans for HIS plans.
2. "We are passing through this life with a sense of purpose, duty, passion and responsibility for the mission of God." TKP
3. God has spent many years preparing me just for this time. Time to give up the control that I so strongly hold on to. Let go and Let God!
4. I may feel inadequate but I can do anything with Him.
5. Jesus told me in the new testament, "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you!" The call to be missional is for everyone not just the chosen.
I have so many emotions running through me as I stand at this crossroad wondering what is coming next. Excitement, trust, love, self doubt, anxiety, fear! It's time to BE STILL, sit at His feet, breathe and take in all He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment