CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Give Thanks!

Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving.

Over the holidays one of my girlfriends hosted a get together for some friends. Of course we had some great food and wine and no Christmas party would be complete without an ornament swap (dirty Santa style)! What set this party apart were the moments of reflection and thankfulness. We shared about the highs and lows of our year. We looked forward to 2012. We prayed for one another. We cried together and laughed together! It is truly something I look forward to doing every year. As a gift, our hostess made us notebooks. "365 things I'm thankful for in 2012" She challenged us to take time out every day to find at least one thing we are thankful for. Here is what I want to tell you: this has truly changed my attitude. Do I still have bad days? YES! Do bad things still happen? YES! Am I handling them a little differently than before? YES (for the most part...I'm only human!) I really feel different on the inside. I feel better at the end of the day when I reflect on all the amazing things I have to be thankful for. Some days are simple and sweet, others are profound! Each month I will be sharing mine through this blog. So here I go.......

JANUARY

1- Today I am thankful that Christ will one day return for me, His bride! Thank you, God, for paying the ultimate price for my salvation. Thank you for TBA church and for moving us 800 miles from home just to bring us back home to You!
2- Thankful for a family fun day with Mike and Isaiah as we enjoy Daddy's last day of vacation. These special days make my heart smile.
3- Thankful that nothing is too difficult for the Lord! Giving all the self doubt and insecurities to Him.
4- Isaiah slept through the night! Until 830 this morning! The Lewis family. It was so nice to have dinner with them and help Steph work on her photography dream.
5- Thankful for police officers who protect us every day. Thankful to share in Mike Lewis' special day as he was sworn in to LPD. Thankful God is present with the officers and they aren't afraid to make that fact known!
6- Thankful for the Garmon family. Love our family play dates.
7- Thankful for the Tres Dias community, friends that pray with us and for us, music and how excited Isaiah was when we picked him up from the sitters house.
8- Thankful for quiet time and lazy days.

9- Good friends and fun times! College football! ROLL TIDE 2011 national champs BAMA vs LSU 21-0

10- Thankful for play dates and girl talk with Tara. God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed me with this friendship. I am thankful to have a true friend to share this parenting journey with.

11- Thankful for girl talk with Windella. Clean clothes (laundry day)! The little things!
12- Thankful for old friends that stay dear to our hearts. Had a blast visiting with the Baes family in Disney.
13- Jen Stiverson, walks, starbucks and caramel lattes.
14- Thankful for the women in Tres Dias who openly share their stories.
15- Thankful for TBA church. Thankful for a great place to go sing praises to God (and a worship pastor that ROCKS!)
16- Thankful for my husband. He came home and is giving Mommy a much needed break (must have been one of those long days...hahaha) Family walks!
17- Thankful for God's answered prayers. So looking forward to future projects. "greater things are yet to come. Greater things are still to be done in this city"
18- Being able to stay at home with my sweet boy. Rainy days. Humidifiers for runny noses. Face Time with the GP's (aka grandparents)

19- Thankful for a husband who loves God more than he loves me. Oysters on the 1/2 shell!

20- Thankful for bonds I made with my students when I taught. It was so nice to see them all today and still have them get excited and ask for hugs. Some days I miss teaching.
21- Thankful for my sweet friend Jen. Spending time with her makes me so happy! She truly helps me focus on the important things in life. Oh and the pot of coffee we guzzled was pretty yummy, too!
22- Thankful for Sunday lunch with friends (as wild and crazy as the DeAngelis/Garmon end of the table was) Thankful Isaiah is FINALLY asleep (what a day)
23- Moments of silence
24- Thankful for walks around Lake Hollingsworth with my precious friend, Jen. Her friendship, wisdom and love for the Lord mean the world to me.
25- Thankful for Gods calling to begin serving in new and challenging ways. Thankful for a relaxing and quiet morning with my sweet friend Joni. We even got some work done! :)
26- Thankful for a new friendship with Jenny G. New opportunities and clear revelations.
27- Thankful for the safe and healthy arrival of Miss Alice Layne Hopkins. Babysitters!!!! Thankful for our sweet friends who are taking part in Mike's birthday celebration weekend. A good heart to heart with my most favorite loon, Karen. I love her so much and pray for LOTS of blessings her way in 2012. She knows how to make me laugh like none other!
28- Pig Fest, strawberry milkshakes and an amazing group of people who helped make Mike's birthday weekend absolutely perfect!
29- Thankful for my amazing husband who brings so much joy and laughter to my life. What an amazing weekend we had celebrating his 31st birthday. Thankful for Sea World passes!
30- Publix and BOGOS Chicken noodle soup and coffee

31- Beautiful weather. Thankful for Dad's who invest and get involved with their kids. It warmed my heart to see Mike and Andy take time from work and spend their lunch time at the park with the boys and us.


I know that was a lot to read but WOW I have so much to be thankful for. And so do you. I really encouarge you to go through your day and find the things to be thankful for. It really might change your attitude! Smiles are contagious people!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I will implement pronto!!

    To start, I would say that I am also thankful for my new friendship with you. You are a beautiful woman to be around, and I love that you welcomed me with open arms when I facebook stalk invited you to breakfast.

    Looking forward to making the thankful list again in the future.:)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Jenny G you are too sweet! Thanks for stalking me and thanks for not asking me for anything (because i was sure you were up to something) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete