CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Forward

So in the past I have always dreaded the whole "spring forward" thing, and day one of the big spring was NO different. I was exhausted Sunday morning, Isaiah was a GRUMP all day long, and we even had to rush out of a dinner with friends because he was about to enter full melt down mode. However, from that moment on we have fully taken advantage of the perks that come with the time change and it has been FABULOUS! The sun stays out longer so we have been taking advantage of some extra outdoor time with Daddy when he gets home from work. It's been so nice to burn off that extra energy (for Isaiah) and maybe a few extra calories (for mommy)! Isaiah has even started sleeping better. For the first time in 16 months I haven't been woken up at 4am! Can I get an AMEN???!!!
So Monday night (after dinner, bath and pjs) we headed over to Lake Morton for a family walk and to feed the ducks. Isaiah was a trip. He chased those poor ducks, geese and birds all over the place. One bird even came and ate the bread right out of his hand. I couldn't believe he held on to it (I would have dropped it when the bird got in arms reach of me, hahaha). I love his eagerness to explore new things and jump right in with no fear (more on the whole "jump right in" thing in our next blog)
Here is the bird that was just as fearless as Isaiah!




Feeding the swan with a little help from Daddy. After today I'm surprised he didn't just jump right in (but again that's another blog for another day)!




"The Chase" (no animals or children were harmed during this photo shoot)




The MoHawk! Who knew ducks had hair stylists? Definitly my favorite of the night.



What a beautiful night outside with our family of three! Love my guys and love this town!

No comments:

Post a Comment