CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vacation 2012

This year we decided to head back to one of our most favorite places on earth, Greersferry, Arkansas! My parents have a log cabin nestled at the foot of a mountain right on the crystal clear waters. I love this place and miss it tremendously. We used to spend so much time there so it was great to get back. It was especially great to take Isaiah to a place that we had already made so many memories. Isaiah's favorite part of the trip was taking a "ride"! Every morning he woke up ready to "ride". Whether it was the four wheelers or the golf cart, he was H-A-P-P-Y. Thank you so much "Haha" for letting us borrow the golf cart after you left. Isaiah is still talking about "Haha car".
Here I am with my little buddy on one of our morning rides! Love this kid to pieces!
My favorite part of the trip was being with family and cruising the lake on the boats. We took Dad's bass boat out several times but Isaiah wasn't a fan of having to sit so long, especially in his bulky life jacket. Thanks to the Sharps we were able to cruise in comfort on the pontoon boat. Thank you Dave and Mary for being so generous. We had an amazing time on the boat. Bass Boating (Isaiah did love to play with Cappy's fancy GPS computers and drive the boat)
r
Pontooning
The sunsets and views here are breathtaking. My pictures do it no justice but here are some of my favorites.
We keep my Pawpaw's truck at the lake so I threw Isaiah in his Bama gear (even though pawpaw was an Auburn fan) and let him play in the truck (I used this opportunity as a photo session). He had a blast and wanted to get in every day after that. This truck is from the 70's and I am still amazed at what good shape Pawpaw kept it in. He really took care of things.
We spent a lot of time just hanging out down at the lake and splashing around in the water. Isaiah showed off his swimming skills and Cappy showed off his fishing skills. I don't think Isaiah knew what to think about the fish that Cappy and Daddy were catching. GranDebbie (AKA Puppy) and I sure knew what to think....time to cook that stuff up! We had a yummy fish fry one afternoon (garage style) and then a nice cedar planked fish dinner one night.
Cappy and Puppy also made us some homemade ice cream. MMM MMM good!
I should also mention that this was Isaiah's FIRST time flying on an airplane and I took ZERO pictures. OOOPS! Thank you so much to my mom and dad (Cappy and Puppy) for a wonderful, amazing, fun, adventurous, memory making vacation. We can't thank you enough. A great time was had by all and I hope we are able to do it again soon. Love you both and love the roost!
***sidenote***Michael and I escaped for an afternoon date and hiked a mountain. It was amazing and the views were spectacular. That will be a blog all of its own! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment