CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We Hiked a Mountain

While we were on vacation in Arkansas Mike and I decided to have a little date and go hike Sugar Loaf Mountain. Our personal captain (aka Cappy) took us by boat to the mountain. We hiked, he fished! Sugar Loaf is about a 700 foot mountain and it was 104 degrees outside. Sounds like a perfect date to me. hahahahaha! No really, we had a blast and I am glad I did it. I will be honest, there was a moment where I wanted to throw in the towel. We had hiked from the mountain base to the base of the summit and I decided that was far enough for me. I was hot and a little tired, I knew the hike from there to the summit would be straight up. Lucky for me we passed a family of three coming down and they showed us their pictures once they reached summit. The views were breathtaking and that was all the push I needed to keep going. So we stopped for a bottle of water and some photo ops before we began the steep climb.
So on we went from the base of the summit to the top. It was tough but OH WAS IT WORTH IT! The views were amazing and worth every bit of the work we put in.
We spent about 45 minutes at the summit once we got there. It was so peaceful and we were the only ones there. I am so glad we did this and I would for sure do it again. Thanks for a great date Mike. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment