CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy BIRTHday Isabella

We went to the hospital at 6am on Friday, January 24. Shortly after I met the nurse that would cheer me along through the day (funny thing we actually cheered together in high school). It's always fun to go through natural labor in front of someone you haven't seen in 15 years. Hahahaha seriously though, she was GREAT!  
At 8 am we started pitocin to get things moving along. Mike and I played a game of scrabble, took pics, listened to music and chit chatted to pass the time.  I also ate lots of ice chips. It was like candy!  
I was 100% sure Isabella would be here by lunch time so when noon came and went and my contractions were still tolerable I started to get irritable. By 1 o'clock I figured we were in for a long night. My nurse noticed that little sweet pea had fallen asleep so I hooked up my mask and got some fresh oxygen. Finally by 2 o'clock I could tell things were picking up. I walked around the room between contractions and mike offered up some fabulous hand and foot massages during contractions. By 3 I was having intense contractions and really hoping things kept moving along at a good pace. At 4:15 I told mike to call the nurse because it was go time. 
About 45 minutes later we had our sweet, beautiful, perfect and TINY baby girl. She only weighed 7 lbs and 8 oz and 21 inches long. (Isaiah was 9.5 lbs big difference)!  
I have to mention this part of the story because we all got a good laugh. During my last contraction (which no one thought was going to be the last) the doc had turned around to get a towel or something. I had heard someone mention I may be pushing for a while. I disagreed. One more push and little bit FLEW out. My doctor caught her with one hand. We were all really surprised and once I knew she caught her it was all we could do but laugh. Good thing she has "cat like reflexes" (her words). 
While we waited in our delivery room my parents brought Isaiah to meet his sweet new sister. He was so excited and I was so happy to see him. 
Isaiah got to catch a ride on my rolling bed with me and Isabella and we headed from the 1st floor to the 4th floor. It was a fun ride and he was so proud. 
Once we got settled and finished visiting with Isaiah and my parents they headed home and mike's family came to visit. 
We were all three so tired so we ate some yummy Wendy's and called it a night. Momma needed a cheeseburger after all that work!  
We stayed in the hospital until Sunday which was nice for me since I knew Isaiah was going to keep me busy once I got home. 
It was a great experience and the staff at Methodist Germantown was amazing. We are so glad Isabella Jane is here. Happy and healthy!  
(More pics to come soon these were just from my phone, I have not dumped my camera yet). 

1 comment:

  1. I'm bawling and laughing at the same time. So happy for you all. Miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete