CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Isaiah's 3rd Birthday Part 4: The Zoo

On Isaiah's birthday Mike took the day off work so that we could celebrate as a family. We woke up and had cupcakes for breakfast!
While Daddy and Isaiah played the morning away I packed us a yummy picnic and we loaded up and headed to the Memphis Zoo for a day of fun. Isaiah was so happy to have his Daddy with him.


My favorite moment of the day was watching the grizzly bears eat. While we were standing at the glass Isaiah asked me to hold him. I picked him up and he wrapped his arm around my neck and reached out to put the other arm around Mike's neck. He pulled us both in and said "love you mommy, love you daddy". It was the sweetest thing ever!
We had a great time exploring all the animals and spending time together as a family.















We stayed at the zoo most of the day and when we left Isaiah crashed in the car. It worked out well because while he rested I ran some errands and Mike took a conference call. Once he woke up we went to Nagasaki for dinner and then to Ben and Jerry's for an ice cream treat.





It was a special, special day with my two favorite guys. I am so thankful to Mike for being an amazing father and for taking time away from work to make Isaiah feel so loved. I will cherish this day for the rest of my life. I loved being with them and celebrating the last three years we have spent together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment