CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

meet the grandparents (take 1)




Meet "GranDebbie". GranDebbie is my (Jenny's) mom. She taught me everything I know about being a loving mother and keeping Christ in the center of my life. My mom loves me unconditionally and is there whenever I need her. We talk atleast once a day (sometimes more). She has always stood beside me even when I didn't make the best choices. Lately she and I have been sharing some of our favorite Bible verses. Her favorite book in the Bible is the book of James and I have to say...I really dig it too! When I am sick I still cry for my "mommy" (she has had to teach Michael not to ask me what I want to eat but just make a grilled cheese and CAMPBELLS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP). GranDebbie loves playing piano (which Isaiah can't wait to listen to), visiting her log cabin in Arkansas, cooking and taking care of her "kids" (even though we are 30 and 27)! Thanks for being you GranDebbie! Isaiah is so lucky to have you as a grandma.

Meet "Captain Rick" aka "Cappy". Cappy is my (Jenny's) dad. He is my HERO! I think every girl deserves a Dad like mine. He taught me to be responsible and have good work ethic through his dedication to his career and us. He taught me to balance the things that are important in life (God, family, work, fun). He taught me how to multiply (7 x 8 = 56 hahaha). He has a heart of gold and would do ANYTHING for ANYONE. Little girls need and want to be loved by their Dad's and my dad has always provided that. Cappy LOVES to fish and can't wait to meet his little Gilligan. He looks forward to fishing trips which make mommy to be a little nervous aS "Hurricane Richard" always brings the weather with him. I think they will have to start off in the ponds!

The most important thing Cappy and GranDebbie have shown Michael and me is how two people are supposed to love each other. Marriage is not always easy and we all face our battles, but LOVE is a choice. My parents have chosen to love and fight for each other for the last 40 years (that includes some dating time). They have set the bar high and we hope to show Isaiah how to love his future spouse. I respect and admire my parents so very much. I look forward to the memories they will make with their new grandson! Thanks for being such good parents!

~stayed tuned to meet more grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment