CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation 2010



We spent vacation this year in Destin, FL with my best friend Ashley and her family. We had such an amazing time. I got in lots of relaxing and baby time! Meet Miss Katelyn Jane Miskel....

KJ (as I like to call her) is the happiest little girl in the world. She is always smiling (especially at the boys) and is content anywhere you take her. She was such a trooper spending days at the beach and the pool. I have been so looking forward to meeting her and I think it was pretty obvious I was in love with her from the minute I saw her. Jay referred to me as their Au Pair all week and whenever she would wimper he would ask if my "bat signal" had gone off.
Cole was the hit of the trip! I cannot believe that four years ago I was in a hospital room with his Mommy waiting for his big arrival. He is a talkative little guy and such fun to be around. He took the gigantic waves head on. NO FEAR!

I don't think Cole has ever met a stranger. He talked to every person in the elevator, every kid at the pool and beach, and even picked up a little lady friend at Pompano Joe's (I think he may have gotten her number).

By week's end he even got brave enough to take his life jacket off at the pool and was all over the place swimming! All of his bravery and entertainment earned him many nights of ice cream, cupcakes and (my favorite) KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS!


I even have to give some props to Jay! Not only did he master some great meals on the grill (including crab legs), but he branched out and ate RAW FISH on our adult sushi date night! If you know Jay and his "foodisms" this was a major feat!

Mikey (as Cole likes to call him) was ON VACATION! He so deserved this little break and he really enjoyed himself. I don't know what he liked more, the little smiles KJ would pass his way or playing with Cole's water toys. He is such a kid at heart. Isaiah is going to have a great time with his Daddy!


The best part of all of this for me was getting to spend time with Ash! A visit and some girl time was overdue. I miss her so much and I often wish our kids could grow up together, but my heart is happy just knowing that she is a phone call away. 800 miles can't keep these two moms from "losing their shoes" every once in a while! I love you Ash. Thanks for making vacation 2010 so great!

1 comment:

  1. {Smile, Smile} I am about to cry! I miss you so very much and had such a great trip, too.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete