CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

* Forgiveness * Clean Slate * Standing Room Only *


Today was THE day! The grand opening of TBA Church. Trusting Believing Acting!
Earlier in the week a question was posed to our small group. "Have you ever FELT God's presence?" I know that I have and once I got home and rested my "first week back to work" pregnant brain I thought of a few moments. I want to thank Bryan Stiverson for that question because it brought today's message full circle for me.
I arrived at church early to help the REAL Women's ministry pass out flyers advertising some AWESOME events we have planned. I cannot tell you how amazed I was to stand at the front door and watch the people file in. Every time someone walked in I wondered "what will God say to them today?" I never asked "what will God say to me today". I was just so excited to see so many new faces. The church was packed! Standing room only! God had started his work.
Once it appeared the last had arrived I snuck in and crawled over to my seat with the "groupies". Just in time for one last song from Stiverson, our amazing friend and music minister. OH BOY did I feel God's presence in that room. Bryan is so passionate about praising God through music and it RADIATED from him and the band today. I was flooded with emotion and LOVE for all the work God has done in my life the past few months. When he sang "Overcome" I knew that I had arrived to the place I have been working so hard to get to. In March I attended the Tres Dias walk (which if you follow my blog you know this was my realization at all the work God had been doing to seek me and bring me back to Him). One of the things I struggle with the most is forgiveness. Forgiving myself and some other people in my life. I have seen progress in some of the most important relationships I have. Today I knew His work was done with one I have REALLY struggled with.
Don preached from Psalm 51 and it was an amazing story and testimony to God. If you have time you should read it and research the background of King David. The part that spoke to me was:

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

I want to be the hands and feet of Christ. He extends his forgiveness to me because he loves ME. I have now forgiven myself through His grace and I have forgiven others. I want to teach others His way. THIS is our job as Christians.
God grants us a clean slate every time we slip. He sent His son and sacrificed Him so I could be forgiven and receive this "clean slate". My prayer is that someone out there reads this or experienced the service this morning and accepted His forgiveness.

"Power in hand speaking the Father's plan
You're sending us out, light in this broken land

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome" ~ (song lyrics to "Overcome")

AMEN!!!

1 comment: